My friend at http://peacelovegreatcountrymusic.com/ has kindly presented me with the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. First of all , I must say there is something real special about this gal. Her love and passion for music illuminates through her work. She shares her knowledge, entertains us with music videos, and makes you feel welcome with her wit and warm fuzzies. She keeps it real and that is why she is one of my most favorite blogging buddies to follow. I am honored and grateful that she would choose me for this award.
I would like to thank all those who have taken the time to read what I write. I am inspired from within but it is the kind comments and recognition from others that keep me going. I realize that I probably need to pick up the pace a little but to be honest, it takes me a lot of time. I become drawn into the process of the post which I thoroughly enjoy. Thanks for your patience!
What inspires me?
PEOPLE inspire me. I am amazed and moved by the uniqueness we all possess, but I am inspired by people who are not afraid to shed their outer layers, bear their soul, and be honest with themselves. I don’t consider myself to be an eloquent writer. My passion for life keeps my fingers on this keyboard. If what I write happens to inspire others, I am humbly grateful. Ok, I’m a wee bit ecstatic . Here’s to honesty. Cheers!
NATURE inspires me. I think there should be a time allotted to everyone’s day to leave what they are doing and just sit in a field, walk a path, feel the presence of life in the trees, the wind, the sun, the grass, the sand, the water, the sky and everything else we have been blessed with on this magical planet. We are too involved in conflict, technology, goals and desires. In nature there is peace.
MUSIC inspires me. I need it. I crave it. It brings me joy and comfort. It validates my emotions. It takes me to places of the past and dreams of the future. Most of all, it seduces me into the moment, making me dance, making me cry, bringing me peace of mind.
And now for the award rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link your blog to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Myself
1. My dad died when I was 22 and it was one of a few significant events that changed my life.
2. I think whales are amazing beings. Seeing a humpback is near the top of my bucket list.
3. I look ridiculous when I jog.
4. No tattoos, but I have had the urge and an idea of what I want.
5. I grew up in a neighborhood where everyone knew each other, called each other on the phone and took care of each other. What happened to that?
6. I can make some mean Green Chile Stew, New Mexico style.
7. I believe that violence in the media desensitizes our children. We need to teach empathy and this is not how it’s done.
8. Because I don’t like to conform, here’s #8 : Once a year, I like to put on a really cool fedora hat and hang out for a couple days at a Blues festival. I dance, I sing and feel the music.
My nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
“A Journey of Life, Loss, Hope and Strength” at
Honest, open, fun, sincere. She tells it like it is and I love that about her.
Witty, wonderful and well written. Wow!
A pretty place to visit. Stunning artwork and positive thoughts.
Beautiful travel photography. Check her out.
“It’s not crazy, it’s passionate”. I love her diversity.
The Jump for Joy! Photo Project gives me a moment of inspiration every day at
Blatantly beautiful. I admire her strength as much as her writing skills.
“Serendepity13” is a bright and cheery blog of photography, quotes and poetry.
I recently added this one to my list. Inspiring words of wisdom.
I will stop at ten because I have found that many are not interested or too busy to formally respond. No worries!