Thank you to Joanne at http://mumhowmuchlonger.com/ for another Liebster Award. Be sure to visit Joanne for her interesting and witty stories of family life.
It is an honour to be nominated a second time, even though I almost narrowly escaped the criteria at the time of nomination! I would like to acknowledge Jonathan Caswell, my 200th follower who unbeknown to him, gave me the final nudge, pushing me over the 200 mark for followers.
Thank you, Jonathan. You can drop by his blog at http://bythemightymumford.wordpress.com/. I like his poetry and his generous spirit in re-blogging others’ work. Check it out.
If I said I didn’t care about traffic to my blog, I’d be lying. I write because of the creativity and emotion that stirs in me. I write because others inspire me. Life inspires me. There is a passion that has been dormant for way too long inside of me. As my fingers flow onto the keyboard, so does my heart. Writing excites me, calms me and every part of the process becomes a lesson. As I continue to grow, I look for approval, comments, critique and opinions. I am not only writing for my own benefit, but also to engage and create discussion.
So I almost dodged the Liebster but I am thankful to my small but friendly group of followers that make me smile every day!
THANK YOU !!
Now to the nitty gritty business of the Liebster Award Rules…
· List eleven random facts about yourself…
· Nominate eleven bloggers for the award…
· Let them know about the nomination…
· Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated…
· Ask eleven questions for the new award winners to answer…
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I am afraid of the Wizard of Oz.
2. I am not afraid of flying monkeys.
3. I started smoking when I was in college.
4. I quit smoking at the age of 31. First try. Cold turkey. Sometimes you have to suck it up.
5. My first job was picking green beans on a farm.
6. I am an RECE (registered early childhood educator).
7. Mental health and homelessness are two issues close to my heart.
8. My sister has suffered from both.
9. I have very strong opinions and beliefs.
10. I am open to new ones.
11. I drive a ’97 Toyota Camry that runs like a charm, except that when I turn on the windshield wipers, the doors lock.
Answers to Joanne’s Questions
1. Most memorable meal ever eaten?
An entrée of fresh red snapper at a table on the beach in Costa Rica.
2. Favourite food/ ingredient to cook with and why?
Vegetables. They’re so darn versatile.
3. Do you prefer to work alone in the kitchen or are you happy to work with others?
Unless you would like a milder version of Hell’s Kitchen, it is best to leave me alone in there.
4. Of all the items in your kitchen, which one can’t you live without?
It’s a tossup between my tea kettle and my garlic press.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to go and why?
Narrowing it down is almost impossible, but I would like to visit Australia.
6. When reading, do you prefer to hold a book or kindle device?
Neither. I prefer to hold my big mug of hot tea and read right here. I am amazed by the bloggers that I follow.
7. What would be your first choice of city to live in and why?
A small town with friendly folk, nature trails and inspiring sunsets.
8. House or apartment? What’s your preference to live in?
House. I like my own trees!
9. Which of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World would you most like to visit?
The Northern Lights.
10. Do you prefer big parties or intimate dinners?
Intimate dinners with people I know. Large parties with people I don’t.
11. Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
Everyone I meet inspires me in some way. If it doesn’t hit me right away, I look for it because I believe there is something in everyone for us to learn from and grow from.
Here are my choices for Liebster Award Nominees:
If you managed to “dodge the Liebster” before I cranked out this post, then I apologize for placing you in this category, but you still deserve some love!
Yes, you ALL won because this is for fun!
Wise beyond her years. Thought-provoking.
Two friends on a worldwide sailing trip. Tag along!
Sharing her appreciation and connection to nature.
Great photos with catchy titles.
A daily log of gratitude.
I just adore Ms.Vee’s poetry.
Because we really should talk about these things.
This is true friendship.
“Celebrating Spirit, the energy of Life, through words and photographs.”
A very unique and talented artist.
An endless stream of poetic bliss.
Questions for Nominees
1. What gives you joy?
2. What makes you angry?
3. Do you believe in ghosts?
4. What has been your favourite adventure so far?
5. Assuming everyone is safe, if you only had time to grab one thing in the event of a fire, what would you grab.
6. How do you feel about violence in the media?
7. What do you think is the oddest thing about you?
8. What do you find relaxing?
9. What makes you laugh?
10. Name something that has changed your life.
11. Look to your left. What is closest to you?